Friday, January 6, 2017

Looking for a Solar System Unit? Look HERE!!!

Hello friends and Happy New Year!
I have been very absent on my blog for the couple of months, so I am so sorry about that. First it was the hectic life of a mommy of two and then it was our long 3-week trip to Virginia to stay with family during the holidays! How was your break? I hope everyone had a restful break and that you are all charged for these upcoming weeks!
I would like to share with you my Solary System Unit. I have to be honest with y'all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to teach about the solar system! I was always disappointed in second grade when we just taught about the moon. So when I was told I was moving up with my second graders to third grade, I was very happy and nervous. However, everything turned into more excitement when I found out that I was going to be teaching Math and Science. The solar system has always been something that amazed me and it made giggle (nerd!!)
So with all that said, this is a very special and close to my heart unit. I used a lot of these activities in my classroom. The focus on this unit is the solar system, but if you don't teach it, check out the activities for Neil Armstrong, Sally Ride, and the Alien writing... those might be fun to do for other subjects! :)

REMEMBER that most of my products (if not all), come in both English and Spanish. So this is not an exception :) Both English and Spanish units contain the following activities:
1.Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride posters for both beginning or high levels (poster designed for
teacher).
2.Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride foldables for both beginning or high levels.
3.Planets tri-foldable with labels: Planets, outer vs. inner planets, and planets’ characteristics
(including links to find information).
4.Information posters for each planet.
5. Foldable to write information about each planet.
6.Vocabulary matching cards, including fill in the blank cards to keep in their interactive journal.
7.If I was an astronaut (both boy and girl) coloring foldable.
8.Word search sheet for both beginning or high levels.
9.Cross word puzzle.
10.Alien writing craftivity based on a chosen planet.

Here is a peek of what comes in it. This is a preview of the English Unit, please know that the Spanish version looks exactly the same. The only difference is the language used :)
Click ENGLISH or SPANISH to take you to my product in TPT.



To give you a little taste of the unit, I created a FREE SAMPLE, which is a matching card game with a simple fact about the planet. It also includes black and white cards to fill in the blank. Students can keep these cards in their interactive Science journal.
Click ENGLISH SAMPLE or SPANISH SAMPLE to take you to my FREE product in TPT.



Remember I am on BlogLovin' and if you would like to get my posts through email so you don't miss the fun, you can sign up on "follow me by email" (click HERE for instructions)!
Have a great and restful weekend my friends! I am trying to settle back in so I can work on my next unfinished unit! I am excited so stay tuned with more news!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment