Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stop! Life Cycle Time!!! :) Part I

There is no secret for my love to life cycles y'all!! I get really excited to teach about these cycles every time it's on my plans! After I started to teach about new life cycles in third grade, I learned so much that I started to love it even more!! I'll be sharing with you about the life cycle units I have in my store for the next couple posts. The first life cycle is the butterfly and ladybug.
I used these videos with my students. WE ALL LOVED LOVED to play them because they were excellent in focusing those little lady bugs!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... BE AWARE THAT ON THIS COMING VIDEO, EXACTLY AT 2:50min, THE LADYBUGS APPEAR MATING. I STILL PLAYED THIS VIDEO TO MY STUDENTS BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST VIDEO TO SHOW IN FAST MOTION THE WHOLE LIFE CYCLE; HOWEVER I USED PRECAUTIONS AND I STOOD BY THE LAPTOP TO STOP THE VIDEO AT 2:49min. SO I COULD AVOID THE LAST IMAGE.



This is the LINK 


These following video is also good. It has a person talking in the background; but it's not a video like the previous one. It has really good pictures and some very short videos of the larva. I still used it because the images were AMAZING! :)


This is the LINK

We also did a quick and fun craft. We cut and paste true and false statements on a sheet and did a ladybug craft. I think they turned out very cute and my students were really engaged during this activity.




These two activities are included in my new unit Life Cycle of a ladybug AND butterfly. This unit is great for 1-3 grades. I included lots of different activities!
If you would like to know more about my products, click on the picture and it will take you to my TPT store. I have created a unit for both English and Spanish.

This is the English version. For more details, click HERE.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Life-Cycle-Unit-Ladybug-and-Butterfly-Grades-1-3-1167824


This is the Spanish version :) For more details click HERE.


Remember I am on BlogLovin' and if you would like to get my posts through email so you don't miss the fun, you can sign up on "follow me by email" (click HERE for instructions)!
Have a great and restful Spring Break my friends! I am posting in a couple days about my other life cycle unit, which includes mealworms and frogs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment